It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Undernet Connection Problem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:55 am 

Hi,

I haven't been able to connect to the Undernet network for the past 2-3 days. I get a 'connection timed out' error on all the servers via Mirc. Tried uninstalling and re-installing old and new versions but no joy. Can't connect through the java chat application on searchirc.com either. That's going through all the available servers and giving an unable to connect error. Changing the port between 6660-6669, 7000 did not help. I am able to connect to other networks like Phazenet, Efnet, Newnet, Quakenet etc. The only undernet server that connects for a split second is Elsene.Be.Eu.undernet.org but it disconnects immediately with a Closing link: No Authorisation message. But that has always been the case with this particular server.

I have two separate internet connections with the same ISP which gives dynamic IP addresses. Having the same problem on both computers.
Help please.

Post subject: Re: Undernet Connection Problem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:59 pm 

I have to completely agree...I am facing EXACTLY the same problem for the last 2 days. One cannot connect to any undernet server...every server under us.undernet.org /eu.undernet.org times out. And Elsene.Be.Eu.undernet.org gives a "No Authorization" error.

Don't know what happened to Undernet and how come there is no news about this at all...?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:37 pm 

Exclude the fact that the irc client can be the problem, it isn`t! It`s a problem regarding your internet provider so the solution is this: call your internet service provider and tell them to check things out. You can also try to connect with the webclient from http://www.undernet.org and see if you manage to connect.

Good luck

I`m Clubbin!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm 

See wrote:
Exclude the fact that the irc client can be the problem, it isn`t! It`s a problem regarding your internet provider so the solution is this: call your internet service provider and tell them to check things out. You can also try to connect with the webclient from http://www.undernet.org and see if you manage to connect.

Good luck

Hi See,
I tried the webclient. Unfortunately, even that doesn't seem to work. :o Connecting times out in the java applet. I am not sure why this problem started occurring only 2 days ago - undernet has worked fine like forever. And every other IRC network apart from Undernet works. I doubt my ISP has blocked anything, but I will find out.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:56 am 

Lenkite

Is your ISP Airtel? I'm in Delhi using Airtel broadband. That could be the common thread though how airtel managed to block only Undernet is a mystery.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:37 am 

Hi, Yes, i am also using Airtel and they seem to have blocked all undernet servers.
i registered a complaint this morning. Perhaps you must as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:51 am 

smoothoperator

I'll dash off an e-mail today.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 pm 

I am also on Airtel and cannot connect to Undernet......Where do I lodge a complaint? Perhaps we should all lodge a joint complaint.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 am 

I also have Airtel and cannot access the server.

However, I confirmed with some of my friends with servers "qwest" and "comcast". They confirm that it is down as of 3rd September, 2008m 6:00am (UTC).

What I asked them to do is:

ping irc.undernet.org

And none of them got a reply back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 pm 

I spoke to Airtel delhi tech support, and well...they dont even know what IRC is! At least the ones who pick up the phone at the helpdesk!!

I am on Airtel Delhi Broadband, and have not been able to connect for many days now. Before that IRC Undernet was just fine. Been using it for many years.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:27 pm 

Regarding lodging complaints, you have to call your internet provider - this is the only way. Regarding that silly thing that the helpdesk from your isp doesn`t know what IRC is - i doubt it so tell him to verify undernet.org - to check the servers ips, they know what to do.

Good luck again and try to insist on your isp as they are the only solution in this kind of situations.

I`m Clubbin!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:55 pm 

I just asked a friend in the USA to ping 'irc.undernet.org' and 'us.undernet.org' and she says 'request time out' to both.............is undernet working????

She uses CABLEONE and is based in Kansas, USA....and us.undernet.org was timing out for her....so was irc.undernet.org and eu.undernet.org.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:36 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

tell them to try an irc client and to actually attempt connection, or trace route to verify it gets as close as possible before being blocked. pings wont work, all the servers are firewalled against them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:04 am 

The tech support email id for Airtel is techsupport at the rate bharti dot com.
The contact for Airtel Delhi is srinivas dot rao at the rate airtel dot in, phone number 044-42254092.

I could find this info by querying their router on APNIC:
http://wq.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois.pl? ... 5&whois=Go!

There are some other contacts given there in the description text as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 am 

I think all users using that internet provider have that info so it has no importance here. The solution is one and simple, if you are having problems connecting to undernet and you are using airtel as internet provider call the helpdesk and/or techsupport and tell them about the problem and ask them nicely to have some verifications.

I`m Clubbin!

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next