It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:29 am

Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Undernet - What can we do to protect the network?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:52 pm 

Hi
For those who do now know me, i am just a simple Undernet Network`s user, I think you all know that not only Cservice Admins, Helpers, Opers, have to protect Undernet. We normal users can also protect it. But not to encourage SPAM, DRONERS, i bet not many had reported channels as X abuse because this is first step in a abused channel where is X, report it. This is just a simple example, i do know they are many way to make Undernet something that wass 10 years before. As thee ex cs staff used to say, "undernet will be better". I hope so!
Excuse my text errors.

Do not judge me now. Try later!

Post subject: Re: Undernet - What can we do to protect the network?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:38 pm 

Now you opened a very nice topic but also encourages a lot of debating. Regarding the abusiv registered channels the only solution is to e-mail cservice-abuse@undernet.org and paste logs in the corp of the e-mail for proof. Regarding the drones, spamers and so on, it`s not in regular users power to lodge complaints or even take actions of course but irc operators. However, you can report drones/bots in #report-abuse or by e-mail to abuse-exploits@undernet.org pasting logs for proof but thats the only way. You can try to encourage spamers to stop but i doubt you will make a difference, thats absurd anyway!

I`m Clubbin!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:36 am 

we can asl.

Alright just kidding.

So what we can do? Good question. Well nada as in nothing though what we can do is to help the network just like See said users should mail there if they has seen abusive channels and those who are in charge should take care of them however to answer to your question there's no way we can protect the network as regular users nothing but to help others who are "capable" and have the power to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:48 am 

You can't do nothing. PERIOD.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:59 am 

Actually, it's 'you can't do anything .. or .. you can do nothing'
Since 'can't' and 'nothing' are both negations, they can't sit in the same sentence :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:06 am 
Forum Moderator

Yes, everyone should "ASL PLS + JPG (AVI optional)" including the abusers and only then we would be connected to a nice IRC Network, where the 'C' stands for 'CHAT', and not drone-lending.

:inlove:

Best Regards.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:56 am 

Hi.
I think the best solution is to report every channel with X, to report every flood with boots and the list can continue.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 am 
Undernet IRC Operator

Xaifas wrote:
You can't do nothing. PERIOD.

See it is ideas like this which rot the very nature of helping. To say we can do nothing is not true.
Many people in all aspects of UnderNet from users to opers to admins to C Service representatives,
can do things to help.

First of all stay out of those channels, don't encourage them. If you have users in your channels
that are also in those channels, ask them to leave either yours or the abusing channels.

Having an abusing channel without any "innocents" in it makes it a lot easier to remove.

Stop whining nothing can be done. I g line hundreds of ips a week from abusive channels.
We are making services to combat things. Maybe not fast as some will like, but they are coming.

I just think we all need to be positive.

The negativity surrounding all this is just nasty. We need the time to not hit innocent or
have our users be impacted.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:26 am 

Talkin doesent mean a thing .. untill i see #mp3passion #cc-power and other lame chans that has been around for 3-5 years + or even more .. i mean cmon .. duno why im even bothering .. ive seen how the unet works in the inside along withs its staff and i got 1 comment about it: SLOWEST thing in the universe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:35 am 
Undernet IRC Operator

Ah, But yet you are still here.
So obviously you see something in the network.

I have been looking through the posts. And see even you have dropped the ball saying you would do the UUS project, and then let
the community down. I understand your issues. I have been around for a couple of years myself and am not blind to the happenings
on our great network.

But what I do see is that there are a lot of people doing a lot of things that you may or may not be privy too. Why shut down a specific
channel when another channel can be just created. Why not work the the authorities to put away those doing wrong? Oh I see not fast enough.

I do remember you now. You are the one who came in to my channel and started telling me I am a hacker and an abuser. I see it for what it is.
You are the kind of person who feels it is never enough. No matter how many ips are blocked no matter how many users are caught, no matter how
many channels are closed down. Unless it the ones *YOU* want it is never enough. I suspect that if I was to close down CC-power today. You would have a
new channel to say that nothing is happening.

I am sorry you feel let down by the volunteers that run this network and its volunteers who run the services it provides.
Just so you know, EFNet is that way -->

You know they have as many abusing channels too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:41 am 

I NEVER LET UUS project down ! ... Want to know the real reason why i dropped it??! Because i wanted to manage it (but simba had something else in mind i gues), because whenever i finished coding an part of the UUS and i wanted its translations for example MOST OF THE user-com admins was saying: You need aproval from X, from Y from Z .. i mean CMON wtf? since it was official why do i need an aproval for translating an document and other lame things .....

I WAS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to fast for your kind of speed, i dont like to work with people at that rate .. so NO TXS! il pass!

And i never called u a hacker/abuser I said: You helped an hacker/abuser! thats something different! :baaa:

"Why shut down a specific
channel when another channel can be just created."

So i gues thats something like: Why should i take a shower today if tommorow il get dirty again?

I cant believe it ... you people seriously need to change ur attitude ...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:46 am 
Undernet IRC Operator

"You need aproval from X, from Y from Z .. i mean CMON wtf? since it was official why do i need an aproval for translating an document and other lame things ....."

Fair enough, not a team player, I understand. Thank you for your greatness. We should all aspire to be like you.

"And i never called u a hacker/abuser I said: You helped an hacker/abuser! thats something different!"

True, you did that, and told me how to do *MY* work. quoting server numerics to me like I am some sort of little kid.
You want respect, then show it. In my opinion, what I have seen from you is your ability to complain about everyone one
else. You know it is never MY fault.

"[Why shut down a specific channel when another channel can be just created.]
So i gues thats something like: Why should i take a shower today if tommorow il get dirty again?
I cant believe it ... you people seriously need to change ur attitude ..."

Taken a bit out of context but yeah. What I was referring to is watch the channel and nail the abusers rather than a simple close the channel.
Imagine taking some of those to justice. You have that over where you live right?

Look I see your frustration, and you do not seem to see mine, so I will not post on this again.
Suffice to say things are being done and the volunteers are doing what they can.

If you are on such a big kick, get all the ISPs to stop hosting hacker websites that I can just google. Wait while we are at it, lets
just close down UnderNet and make it oper only. That way you can go to EFNet or DalNet and complain to them. Just so you know, the
botnet code I have also have connection lines for their networks too. Glass house and stone syndrome.

Be safe in your endeavors,

-- Donnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 pm 

I think we all should try to think whats the best for undernet... But who will apply our ideeas? Who will encourage them? Who? I think no one. For me for example I have great respect for people as red_ice , Gaia^, and many many more. But i think that Underne does have something BAD on it. And we should not stand up for them? I think many channels should be SHUTDOWN!!! But they arent... WHY? Ca someone give an answer? Its better to leave those kiddo to destroy something like Undernet? I think not!

Undernet a great place to make friends, chat and have fun! Be safe!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:29 pm 

Without kids fooling around undernet wouldnt be fun :) Im just kidding. IMO i think undernet officials are doing their best, afterall they've been chosen to help means that they know what they're doing. Just back off and try to enjoy the moment most of you are already in some very nice committees work there and leave the abusing stuff to the officials, as WHIZZARD said above EFnet is that way --> if you're not satisfied

cheers ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:43 pm 

MrHunk , youre to much shore on youreself! Hehe i do not want to turn my back to Undernet after so many years in undernet. But i think that still many things can be done on Undernet and allready some time passed away and nothing is visible done!

Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next