It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: About Undernet
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:04 pm 

Hello peoples,i have not idea what happen with undernet, there are more and more abusers ,more bots and few talktive peoples,what's goin' on ? the undernet is not like on the past and on a time the undernet will go to h*ll
Schwarz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:46 pm 

Don`t you think we would be happier if it were like in the old days? What are we supposed to do? It's not like we have any magic wands ya` know..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:25 pm 
Forum Moderator

What happened with Undernet or with the lame brains ? Lamers are getting more retarded every year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:54 am 

yeah, thats the problem with huge nets, it's all going well until the lamers come and ruin everything. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:56 pm 

We would be out of jobs if we wouldn't have lamers to roast :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:11 pm 

Earlier this year there were quite a lot of opers being dismissed, some of them because the server they resided on was taken offline, others for completely other reasons.

So far the only reason / rumour which I've heard was that one of the reasons to remove these opers was because of their anti-kiddie activities. Some of these opers I happen to know personally and I can confirm that they were indeed acting when there was a need, while they also displayed lots of patience when it came to dealing with people who honostly didn't understand what was going on.

I've never heard any official statement about the steadily rising abuse on the network, but as an Undernet user I do see that there is a big increase in problems. The netsplits have risen up to a point where there were at least 3 - 4 on one day (seems to have settled a little so far), there are numerous of channels which house h*lluvalot of botnets and agressive floodbots, kiddies who are causing trouble seem to have no problem at all getting - and keeping - 10+ X accounts, and so on.... The worst part was when I heard rumours about a channel which helped people to report abuse and virii and such which basicly stopped all their activities since the work they've did for years was no longer appreciated.

Is there anyone who can shed some more light on this ? So far all of these issues seem to be kept underground, and even though this approach maybe suited for a network called UnderNet its still very frustrating for many users... Part of that frustration is being left in the dark, even through official channels.

So far I've asked a few opers about these issues as well, but it seems as if its a forbidden subject. Most of the times where I mentioned this sporadicly conversations seemed to end almost immediatly.

Is it true that abusers and kiddies basicly got a green light to do whatever they want as long as they "Don't flood the servers, pretty please?" ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:10 pm 

From what I know the following happened during the big cleanup:
Around 30+ opers have been removed after the netmanagment decided that opers that are either idle or known to be attracting ddos attacks against servers should be purged.
Some of these have been readopted by other admins, others showed undernet the finger and left towards other networks.
This is the same kind of action that resulted into CFV165 which the coders lovely call "Head in Sand". Because thats exactly what it is.

Like mentioned many times before CFV-165 is a failure. That is and will remain my opinion about it.

Post subject: channels +k
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:34 pm 

now we are seeing very often some channels appearing +k and really they are not .... desynch or what?

:: Standardized Response Team [SRT]

Post subject: Re: channels +k
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:43 pm 

sixsix wrote:
now we are seeing very often some channels appearing +k and really they are not .... desynch or what?

it's because atm not all servers have the same version of ircu, hope it will be better when all will change to *.12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:38 am 
Forum Moderator

Conflicts betwen ircu versions are quite common on networks where servers user more than one ircu version.

However the new version is a beta, that means it is still in testing, and although it has been released quite a long time ago, the undernet server admins are not quite so happy to install it because as i said it is still a beta and bugs might appear....

So it will take a while untill all the undernet servers will use the same ircu version. Untill then we have to live with the small bugs that we encounter.

Last edited by sirAndrew on Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:12 am 
Forum Moderator

But ya'll be happy with the new IRCu trust me, it has "many" (not 10000 but enough) features added which will be useful, and some things are fixed/changed. Just wait and you'll see. Or just read the RELEASE.NOTES.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:07 am 

Yeah, but just because it has a bunch of new features doesn't mean the Undernet admins will want to use them all. For instance, from what I've heard, I don't think they'll enable the oplevels feature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:16 pm 
Forum Moderator

It is an issue of priorities, they cannot enable all the new feature at one time untill some vital feature that might make the server crash, or have big bugs are well tested.

The op levels are not so critical for the server`s process. If the new ircu version will perform rigth, at some point they will enable that feature.

But at the moment i don`t think this ircu version has that feature implemented....it`s still a beta version.

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:00 pm 

I hate all drones,clone and spamers...

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]