It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is there an issue with T-Mobile?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:25 pm 

Hi,

I have been an UnderNet user for about ten years. I op in one of the rooms there, and have found more trouble logging on with T-Mobile Web'n'Walk modems than I have with ANY other ISP. Most recently, about two weeks ago, I started getting:

AUTO [0] Infected with a virus or trojan, please clean your system. Cleaner @ http://www.moosoft.com (P15).

I would get it for hours on end, then suddenly, I could connect, but would get kicked off half an hour later with the same message. It was frustrating, and I was worried about my system. I ran every single type of cleaner, anti-virus, malware scan I could buy/download. None of them found anything on my machine. I went to my brothers place, tried connecting via his wireless connection, and I got on the first time without problem. I completely uninstalled mIRC, took off the script I was running, and cleaned out all my files. Reinstalled mIRC, and bingo, it worked just fine. That was a week ago, and then today, I am right back here again, getting this same message no matter which server I try to connect to.

I have run moosoft, avast, a-squared, zone alarm, none of them kind find a single thing on my system, and my machine is operating perfectly fine. What am I doing wrong? Does UnderNet just not like T-Mobile?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
V.

Post subject: Re: Is there an issue with T-Mobile?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:11 pm 

AUTO [0] Infected with a virus or trojan, please clean your system. Cleaner @ http://www.moosoft.com

This is not related to your internet provider but to your PC. As advice for you, use an original mIRC version from http://www.mirc.com - remove any scripts/addons and also check them for any virus. Also, please run a full computer scan for any virus but if you said you already did that and none has been found, the problem with your irc client is the only solution.

You can also join #dmsetup and #vh via irc for virus checking/removal

Good luck!

I`m Clubbin!

Post subject: Re: Is there an issue with T-Mobile?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:51 pm 

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Much of your advice I have followed, and things would be fine for a week or two, then the message would return. It all appears to be hunky-dory just now, but I think I will pop into dmsetup just to make sure when I am next in IRC.

Thanks very much for your help.
V.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]