It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cannot connect to Undernet
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:51 pm 

A couple years ago I was unable to connect to undernet but someone helped me fix the problem. It had to do with my area not supporting it anymore or something like that (I use verizon internet in North New Jersey, USA) but a few commands I did the one time fixed the problem.

I recently had to reinstall Windows on my computer which has reinstated the issue I'm having. Right now I keep getting the bad username error and a few days ago I was getting the "No Authorization" error.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Cannot connect to Undernet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:34 am 

try to check the server list and for that exists two links:

1. www.undernet.org/servers.php
2. http://help.undernet.org/faq.php?what=serverlist

NOTE: Check them and you will can connect at *.undernet.org; enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Cannot connect to Undernet
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:54 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

fan1bsb97 wrote:
A couple years ago I was unable to connect to undernet but someone helped me fix the problem. It had to do with my area not supporting it anymore or something like that (I use verizon internet in North New Jersey, USA) but a few commands I did the one time fixed the problem.

I recently had to reinstall Windows on my computer which has reinstated the issue I'm having. Right now I keep getting the bad username error and a few days ago I was getting the "No Authorization" error.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

If you are getting:

INVALID USERNAME:
Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (Invalid username [ ]) Disconnected This means the IRC server did not accept the username (User ID) settings in the Ident service (Identd) in mIRC under File/Options/Connect/Identd/. In the error message it shows the part it did not like between the [ ] brackets. Most probably you use characters in your File/ Options/Connect/Identd/User ID settings that the server doesn't like. Make sure you remove all strange characters from your User ID. Remove dots, spaces, and all other non- alphabetical characters.

YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THIS SERVER:
Unable to connect - Connection refused. This means you do not have access to this server. The server has no instructions to let you in (I-line) or it refuses all access for maintenance purposes. Try another server on the same IRC network, preferably a more nearby server, one in your own country.

A more current Undernet servers list can be found here: http://mirchelp-undernet.org/servers.html

Try using mesa, tampa, new york or vancouver from your location there in NJ.

Let us know if you are still having problems.

~Eenie

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]