It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can't connect to Undernet
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:03 am 

Hello, please help me! i can't connect to any Undernet server.
[22:37:27] * Connecting to elsene.be.eu.undernet.org (6669)
-
[22:37:28] -elsene.be.eu.undernet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
[22:37:28] -elsene.be.eu.undernet.org- *** Checking Ident
-
[22:37:28] -elsene.be.eu.undernet.org- *** Found your hostname
-
[22:45:27] * [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
[22:45:27] * Disconnected
-
[22:45:30] * Connect retry #1 ede.nl.eu.undernet.org (6667)
-
[22:45:51] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)

This is the message i get. Or in most of the cases when i try to connect i get this:
[22:54:58] * Connecting to us.undernet.org (6667)
-
[22:54:58] -us.undernet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
[22:54:59] -us.undernet.org- *** Checking Ident
-
[22:54:59] -us.undernet.org- *** Found your hostname
-
And it stays like this for hours, until i get the software abort message... or timeout. There are times, when i manage to connect, but i can't stay more than 10-20 minutes and it's disconnecting again, and then i have to try again for several hours to connect. I don't know what to do, or what's the problem. Please help me, and scuse me for my English. Best regards

Post subject: Re: Can't connect to Undernet
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:19 am 
Forum Super Moderator

ticuul wrote:
Hello, please help me! i can't connect to any Undernet server.
[22:37:27] * Connecting to elsene.be.eu.undernet.org (6669)
-
[22:37:28] -elsene.be.eu.undernet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
[22:37:28] -elsene.be.eu.undernet.org- *** Checking Ident
-
[22:37:28] -elsene.be.eu.undernet.org- *** Found your hostname
-
[22:45:27] * [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
[22:45:27] * Disconnected
-
[22:45:30] * Connect retry #1 ede.nl.eu.undernet.org (6667)
-
[22:45:51] * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)

This is the message i get. Or in most of the cases when i try to connect i get this:
[22:54:58] * Connecting to us.undernet.org (6667)
-
[22:54:58] -us.undernet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
[22:54:59] -us.undernet.org- *** Checking Ident
-
[22:54:59] -us.undernet.org- *** Found your hostname
-
And it stays like this for hours, until i get the software abort message... or timeout. There are times, when i manage to connect, but i can't stay more than 10-20 minutes and it's disconnecting again, and then i have to try again for several hours to connect. I don't know what to do, or what's the problem. Please help me, and scuse me for my English. Best regards

Be sure you are connecting to a server that still exists. (ede was delinked some time ago.) A current list of Undernet servers can be found here: http://mirchelp-undernet.org/servers.html

Hope this helps.

~Eenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:06 pm 

Eenie, I've tried all of those servers. Same problem. i get the "Found you hostname" message, and stays like that .. nothing else happens... no error message, nothing. And if i try to connect any other server than Undernet, it works. Only with undernet i have this problem.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:24 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

ticuul wrote:
Eenie, I've tried all of those servers. Same problem. i get the "Found you hostname" message, and stays like that .. nothing else happens... no error message, nothing. And if i try to connect any other server than Undernet, it works. Only with undernet i have this problem.

Is your identd enabled? (Port 113 open?)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

~Eenie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 pm 

Eenie wrote:
ticuul wrote:

Is your identd enabled? (Port 113 open?)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

~Eenie

Yes, the identd is enabled, the port is open. still nothing ...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:06 am 

weird.. i've the exact same problem.. never had any problem to connect to undernet except the past few days.. only one server works sometime ( vancouver.bc ) and the rest they like start to connect.. show the MOTD and then disconect with 10053 error.. I tryed updating mirc version.. reinstalling.. reboot my router.. reboot my cable modem.. nothing seems to works..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:29 pm 

wolfien wrote:
weird.. i've the exact same problem.. never had any problem to connect to undernet except the past few days.. only one server works sometime ( vancouver.bc ) and the rest they like start to connect.. show the MOTD and then disconect with 10053 error.. I tryed updating mirc version.. reinstalling.. reboot my router.. reboot my cable modem.. nothing seems to works..

Hello, you may try these solutions mentioned here: http://trout.snt.utwente.nl/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38665&site_id=1#import , to fix your issue.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:29 am 

Quote:
Hello, you may try these solutions mentioned here: http://trout.snt.utwente.nl/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38665&site_id=1#import , to fix your issue.

Quote:
-disable winxp's firewall
-dont use port 6667 to connect to a network. Most networks have a range of ports, usually within 6660-6669,7000-7001 and you can specify a port with /server some.server.here:7000
-dont use "speed patches" that supposedly increase your download speed. (note some of them effect your registry, use speed patch as your search term)
-connect to the server's ip instead of domain (ie, /server 123.456.789.123 instead of /server some.domain.here)
-limit how many networks or other apps you are running
-uninstall MSN IM
-check for patches for everything from windows to the equipment you have.
-some ppl have reported this happening with scripts that appear to have compatibility issues, so try with a clean copy of mIRC to check

All the above was tested without any result

Quote:
-update your router drivers/firmware. (some have said they needed to use something other than the ones supplied by the manufacturer)

No update available for my WBR-1310 Already running latest firmware : Hardware Version : rev D2 Firmware Version : 4.13

Quote:
-changing NIC card

Not tryed but why this would help solving an issue only present on undernet??

Is there any difference between connection protocol of undernet and other IRC networks? Im asking because I can connect correctly on efnet and other irc server. Only undernet give me connection issue ( 10053 )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 pm 

I am getting the same problems lately, I can't stay for more than 1 hour, I am still trying to figure it out but not resolved yet. Since all the connection errors are numered to 10053 we just dont know which is leading it. I gave a researching, see

This is a TCPIP error. I would guess what follows is from berkely, I didn't copy/paste the source. This is straight out of the manual for the TCPIP protocol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

WSAECONNABORTED (10053) Software caused connection abort.

Berkeley description: A connection abort was caused internal to your host machine. The software caused a connection abort because there is no space on the socket's queue and the socket cannot receive further connections.

WinSock description: Partly the same as Berkeley. The error can occur when the local network system aborts a connection. This would occur if WinSock aborts an established connection after data retransmission fails (receiver never acknowledges data sent on a datastream socket).

TCP/IP scenario: A connection will timeout if the local system doesn't receive an (ACK)nowledgement for data sent. It would also timeout if a (FIN)ish TCP packet is not ACK'd (and even if the FIN is ACK'd, it will eventually timeout if a FIN is not returned).

User suggestions: There are a number of things to check, that might help to identify why the failure occurred. Basically, you want to identify where the problem occurred.

Ping the remote host you were connected to. If it doesn't respond, it might be off-line or there may be a network problem along the way. If it does respond, then this problem might have been a transient one (so you can reconnect now), or the server application you were connected to might have terminated (so you might not be able to connect again).
Ping a local host to verify that your local network is still functioning (if on a serial connection, see next step)
Ping your local router address. If you're on a serial connection, your local router is the IP address of the host you initially logged onto with SLIP or PPP.
Ping a host on the same subnet as the host you were connected to (if you know one). This will verify that the destination network is functioning.
Try a "traceroute" to the host you were connected to. This won't reveal too much unless you know the router addresses at the remote end, but it might help to identify if the problem is somewhere along the way.
WinSock functions: recv(), recvfrom(), sendto(), FD_CLOSE

Additional functions: send() can also fail with WSAECONNABORTED. Any function that takes a socket as an input parameter--except close socket()--could potentially fail with this error.

(End of copy paste)

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]