It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Channel Manager change
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:09 am 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but this forum seemed to make the most sense. I'm a 499 op on #callahans. Our channel manager has been trying for over a month to change ownership of the channel due to time constraints. We got a message from C service to use the webform to change ownership. However, we haven't been able to access the website since the website is down due to a DOS attack. One of the other 499's had asked on the cservice channel what we could do, and he was told to use the webform.

We now have a final warning note that we are about to lose X, even though we have been trying to follow process. What can we do to get the change worked? It's my understanding that the channel manager (cservice nick backtick) has been trying to get ownership changed for over a month. Could someone please give us good direction? Thanks

Beki

Post subject: Re: Channel Manager change
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:04 pm 

[20:03:34] -X- #callahans is registered by:
[20:03:34] -X- backtick - last seen: 0 days, 21:14:22 ago
[20:03:34] -X- Desc: Vote for new manager cancelled. This is the last warning for failure to login.
[20:03:34] -X- Keywords: Callahans Crosstime Saloon Callahan's Spider Robinson

As long as the manager logins daily or once in 21 days, you will NOT see X gone from there. As for the 'warning' you're talking about, the vote procedure has been cancelled as the manager logged in; however nothing can be done until the website will work again. network officials can't access it nor regular users or any other users. So it's a warranty that nothing will happen with the channel;

the channel will not be purged automatically even though it's been already tagged as MIA, it has to be done manually so there's nothing to be worried, he or she (channel manager) can do it whenever the website will work again.

All i can say is to have patience.

P.S: And no, this is not the official answer but this is how the official answer would sound like ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 am 

Thanks Spidel,

I do appreciate the response, even if its officially unofficial ;)

That being said, it seems that the site has been down well over a month. Sean (the channel manager) is really having some timing issues. Does anyone have any idea as to when the page will be back? I realize you may not know, and that is ok. I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Beki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Beki wrote:
Thanks Spidel,

I do appreciate the response, even if its officially unofficial ;)

That being said, it seems that the site has been down well over a month. Sean (the channel manager) is really having some timing issues. Does anyone have any idea as to when the page will be back? I realize you may not know, and that is ok. I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Beki

I suggest you use the search feature of the forum.

It's been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11839

...and here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11776

Both are in this same section.

~Eenie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:25 am 

Thanks Eenie. I do appreciate it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:46 am 

Thank you all so much I found this post very helpful. thx.

History of Astrology

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]